"We are all, in some way, prisoners of our time."
在某种程度上,我们都是自己时代的囚徒。
"The truth is not always the most important thing; sometimes, what matters is what people believe to be true."
真相并不总是最重要的;有时重要的是人们相信什么是真的。
"History is not what happened, but what we remember and how we remember it."
历史不是发生了什么,而是我们记住了什么以及如何记住它。
"Every family has its secrets, but in some countries, the secrets are bigger and more dangerous."
每个家庭都有自己的秘密,但在某些国家,这些秘密更大、更危险。
"Literature is the art of making the invisible visible."
文学是让不可见变得可见的艺术。
"To understand a country, you must understand its silences."
要理解一个国家,你必须理解它的沉默。
"The past is never dead. It's not even past."
过去从未死去。它甚至不是过去。
"Violence is like a stone thrown into a pond; the ripples spread far beyond the initial splash."
暴力就像投入池塘的石头;涟漪会扩散到最初的水花之外。
"We are all the sum of our choices, but also of the choices made for us by others."
我们都是自己选择的总和,也是他人为我们做出的选择的总和。
"Memory is not a faithful record; it is an active reconstruction of the past."
记忆不是忠实的记录;它是对过去的主动重建。
- «
- »