The truth is, we are all barbarians.
真相是,我们都是野蛮人。
The past is not dead, it is not even past.
过去并未死去,它甚至还未过去。
The words we use to describe the world are the world.
我们用来描述世界的词语就是世界本身。
The only way to be free is to serve.
获得自由的唯一方式是服务。
A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened.
一个人的工作不过是通过艺术的迂回,缓慢地重新发现两三个伟大而简单的形象,在这些形象面前,他的心第一次敞开。
The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
人心比万物都诡诈,坏到极处,谁能识透呢?
The truth is, we are all waiting to be told who we are.
真相是,我们都在等待别人告诉我们自己是谁。
We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way.
我们生来孤独,死时孤独,尽管有浪漫杂志的渲染,终有一天回望人生时会发现,即便有人相伴,我们始终孤独。
The only way to tell the truth is to speak without a mouth.
说出真相的唯一方式就是不用嘴说话。
All autobiography is storytelling, all writing is autobiography.
所有的自传都是讲故事,所有的写作都是自传。