"Love is a kind of pain. If you don’t feel pain, it’s not love."
爱是一种痛苦。如果你感觉不到痛苦,那就不是爱。
"The city’s poor are like the roots of a tree; unseen, but essential to its life."
城市的穷人就像树的根;看不见,但对它的生命至关重要。
"Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world."
幸福就是把某人抱在怀里,知道你拥有了整个世界。
"I read a book one day and my whole life was changed."
有一天我读了一本书,我的整个人生都改变了。
"Real museums are places where Time is transformed into Space."
真正的博物馆是将时间转化为空间的地方。
"The measure of a good book is whether it makes you think, feel, and see the world differently."
一本好书的衡量标准在于它是否能让你思考、感受并以不同的方式看待世界。
The true subject of the novel is not the story, but the human soul.
小说的真正主题不是故事,而是人类的灵魂。
The books we read in childhood are like a secret garden, a place where we can escape and dream.
我们在童年时读的书就像一个秘密花园,一个我们可以逃离和梦想的地方。
To be a writer is to be a dreamer, a storyteller, and a witness to the human condition.
成为作家就是成为梦想家、讲故事的人和人类状况的见证者。
The art of the novel is to create a world that is more real than reality itself.
小说的艺术在于创造一个比现实本身更真实的世界。